Rishi Sunak’s wife Akshata Murthy is not his goods & chattels for him to order about for his political ambitions. Short answer is NO !
This is not the 1950s! She is a person in her own right and what she chooses to do is her business alone.
She is not a politician, she has done nothing illegal, she has done what any business person would do, used the system to minimise their tax bill.
He or any other government spokesman should not have been commenting on the affairs of a private person.
UK residents who have their permanent home (‘domicile’) outside the UK may not have to pay UK tax on foreign income.
Working out your domicile
Your domicile’s usually the country your father considered his permanent home when you were born. It may have changed if you moved abroad and you do not intend to return.
If you need help working out which country you’re domiciled in, you can:
- read chapter 5 of HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) guidance on ‘Residence, Domicile and the Remittance Basis’
- get professional tax help, for example from a tax adviser
About Rishi Sunak
Rishi Sunak is the Conservative MP for Richmond (Yorks), and has been an MP continuously since 7 May 2015. He currently holds the Government post of Chancellor of the Exchequer.
As of today Rishi Sunak’s Official portrait is absent from the parliament website. Is he being removed ?
Read our review of Gavin Howe Barrister
- Senior President of TribunalsThe Senior President of Tribunals is the independent and statutory leader of the tribunal judiciary. The office of the Senior… Read more: Senior President of Tribunals
- Solicitor GeneralThe Solicitor General is the second law officer of the Crown in the United Kingdom, after the Attorney General. The… Read more: Solicitor General
- R v Sussex Justices“It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done, but… Read more: R v Sussex Justices
- What is Section 35 ABCP Act 2014 ?Section 35 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 grants police officers the power to direct a person… Read more: What is Section 35 ABCP Act 2014 ?